POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Forest macro 2 : Forest macro 2 Server Time
2 Aug 2024 00:13:33 EDT (-0400)
  Forest macro 2
From: William Tracy
Date: 8 Feb 2008 23:43:23
Message: <47ad2f6b@news.povray.org>
... I don't care whether there's enough trees to call it a forest, I'm
still calling it a forest macro ...

I think the macro is almost finished--I'll post the source sometime next
week.

Actually, I now have an include file with two macros: One that plants a
single clump of trees centered at a specified location, and one that
populates an entire landscape by planting many clumps at random
locations. I can mix and match the two depending on how much control I
need over the scene.

Also, the landscape planting macro takes two shape arrays now: An array
of tree shapes, and an array of bush shapes. The bush clumps are
centered around the tree clumps, but spread out more.

While I'm posting, is anyone besides Sven interested in my landscape
mesh generator program? I didn't originally intend to distribute the
program, since Terragen and Geomorph are both already free and much more
full-featured. However, if people are interested (one person does not
count as "people") I'll try to clean up the program and put it online.

--
William Tracy
afi### [at] gmailcom -- wtr### [at] calpolyedu

Who could pollute the entire world?
     -- Nausicaa

Post a reply to this message

Attachments: